FREELANCE: CAMERA PERSON (SPORTS)
On-going open-call for candidates.
- Committed interest in recording sports, especially Basketball.
- Have a good understanding of documentary cinematography and documentary storytelling.
- Be able to evaluate a shooting environment, and determine potential story segments.
- Be flexible, agile, spontaneous, patient, focused and controlled to get the best shots.
- Be able to find key elements that can be used to build a story. (Eg. potential opening and closing shot, establish the location, a dramatic series of events, a revealing speech or meaningful conversation, the goal of an athlete, a celebrity interaction, etc.)
- Have an understanding of vértié shooting.
- Experienced recording usable natural audio – must be a good listener!
- Experienced recording slow motion.
- Some experience editing, or understanding of how the materials are assembled into a story.
This is an example of what you might be shooting.
- This is a freelance position.
- You MUST live in the New York City area.
- The shoot location is in lower Manhattan. The company office is in Dumbo Brooklyn.
- Most shoots are under 3 hours and typically on evenings, weekends or holidays.
- This is for a JUNIOR level camera person, thus the rate will reflect this. It is ideal for a camera person building a reel, or refining their craft as a documentary cinematographer. You will have room to experiment.
- Adjustment of the fee will be considered after three assignments.
- If you use your own appropriate quality gear (camera, lenses, and sound) you will be compensated extra.
TO APPLY, please fill out this application (link). You will be prompted to attach links of your work.