Type: Music Technology
Role: Founder | Creator
Turntablist Transcription Method
A musical notation system for DJs founded and created by John Carluccio in 1997. It has appeared in books, magazines, even an episode of CSI:NY.
Demonstration | 2002
TTM is an organization dedicated to the advancement of the turntable as a musical instrument, and of the turntablist as a musician. The primary focus of TTM’s efforts is the creation and evolution of a system of written notation to accurately document a turntablist composition in all of its subtlety and nuance.
- Founder | Created by : John Carluccio (1997 -current)
- Head Designer| Developer: Ethan Imboden (1998 – current)
- Developer | Senior Transcriber: Raymond Pirtle (12/1999 -2012)
- Transcriber: DJ Skar (2007 -current)
- 1998: Shift Magazine (Canada) article – 1st published examples on-line
- 2000: TTM Handbook 1.0 published
- 2001: Press – CNN, Tech TV, NY Daily News, TIME magazine’s ” Next 100 Innovators in Music.”
- 2004-06: Scratch Magazine (Harris Publishing) – regular column monthly w/transcriptions.